Using minimal ingredients, this giant cookie recipe is a great one to make with the kids and is best served with vanilla ice cream. Serves 10-12 Ingredients
- 125g salted butter, room temperature
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat for 3 to 4 minutes (use an electric beater if possible) until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and add to the butter mixture. Beat until just combined then stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Tip into a 20cm oven proof frying pan and bake for 25-30 minutes (25 minutes will be gooey, 30 minutes will be slightly more set). Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Credit: Images and recipes supplied by Staub and Emma Spitzer