Chocoloate Chip Christmas Pudding Cookies - Recipe from Dr.Oetker
Preparation Time: 50 minutes plus cooling and setting - Cooking Time: 18 minutes - Serves: 12
- 100g (3 ½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 100g (3 ½ oz) plain flour
- 1 sachet /25g (1oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 sachet / 5g (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 100g pack Dr. Oetker Dark Chocolate Chips
- 25g (1oz) Dr. Oetker Regal Ice Ready to Roll Icing (Green)
- Icing sugar to dust
- Small piece (5g/ ¼ oz) Dr. Oetker Regal Ice Ready to Roll Icing (Red)
- 1 pot Dr. Oetker White Easy Choc
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan oven, 375˚F, gas 5). Line baking trays with baking parchment. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour, Cocoa and Baking Powder on top and add 75g (3oz) of the Chocolate Chips. Mix together to form a firmish dough.
- Divide the mixture into 12 and form into balls. Place a little apart, on the prepared baking trays; press down gently to flatten them into rounds. Push the remaining Chocolate Chips into the cookie dough, flat side up, to resemble the fruit in a Christmas pudding. Bake for 15-18 minutes until just firm. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- To decorate, knead the Ready to Roll Icing to soften it. Roll out the Green Icing thinly on a lightly dusted work surface, and cut out 24 x 2cm (3/4 inch) holly leaf shapes using a small cutter, re-rolling the icing as necessary. Form the Red Icing into tiny balls for the holly berries.
- Line a board or tray with baking parchment. Melt the Easy Choc as directed on the carton. Using a teaspoon, thickly spoon the Easy Choc over the tops of the cookies, allowing it to drip a little.
- Lay the cookies on the parchment and decorate with the holly leaves and berries before the Easy Choc sets. Leave for a few minutes to dry in a cool place before serving.
- These festive treats make lovely gifts. Pop in a cellophane bag and tie tightly with festive ribbon. Will store like this for up to 2 weeks.
- For an extra festive flavour, add 1 tsp ground cinnamon or ground mixed spice to the cookie dough, and replace the caster sugar with dark soft brown sugar.
This recipe is from Dr.Oetker