Dr. Oetker have the perfect recipe to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bowls
[caption id="attachment_13613" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Photo: Dr Oetker[/caption] Recipe by Dr Oetker. Prep time: 45 minutes plus chilling. Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
- 100g (3½ oz) unsalted butter
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla extract
- 12g (4½ oz) plain flour
- 5g (1tsp) baking power
- 100g chocolate chips
- 6 servings of your favourite ice cream
- 140g Dr. Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centre Chocolate
- Dr. Oetker Bright and Bold Sprinkles
- Line a large baking tray with parchment. Turn 6x150ml pudding basins upside down on a baking tray and place a muffin case over each.
- In a bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and well blended. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and baking powder on top and add half of the chocolate chips. Mix together to form a slightly firm dough.
- Cut off a 250g (9oz) piece of dough and set aside. Divide the remaining dough into 12 pieces and form into balls. Place on the baking tray, spaced a little apart, press down a little and chill until required.
- Divide the reserved dough into 6 pieces and flatten each piece into a round approx. 8cm (3 ¼ inch diameter). Fit evenly over the tops of the Muffin Cases so that the dough just hangs over the edges. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan assisted oven, 375˚F, gas mark 5). Bake the mini cookies for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Bake the cookie bowls for 12-14 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Leave to cool on the tins for 10 minutes, then gently remove the biscuit cases with the muffin cases. Cool on a wire rack then carefully peel away the muffin cases.
- Place the remaining Chocolate Chips in a small heatproof bowl and sit over a saucepan of barely simmering water and leave to melt. Remove from the water. Place a board under the wire rack of cookies. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies, and leave to set. Due to the nature of the chocolate chip cookie dough there may be a few holes in the finished bowls. If preferred, use the melted Milk Chocolate to patch up any holes.
- Just before serving, place small scoops of ice cream in each cookie bowl, drizzle with Chocolate Surprise Inside and sprinkle with Sour Strands. Your edible cookie bowls are now ready to serve along with the mini cookies.