With such a quick and easy recipe, you can rustle up this edible greeting anytime.... better than a card!
Giant Celebration CookiePreparation 25 mins plus chilling and cooling | Baking time 15 mins | Serves 12
- For the cookie:
- 110g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 50g hazelnuts chopped
- For the buttercream:
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g icing sugar, sifted
- Food colouring
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add the egg and vanilla beating well to combine.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, chocolate chips and nuts. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and work in with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. Towards the end of this time preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Remove the chilled dough from the fridge and roll out on a well floured surface into a circle approx 26cm in diameter. Place on an ungreased 30cm baking tin or pizza tray but line it with baking paper if it has vent holes in the bottom. Bake for 15 mins until golden brown then leave on the baking tray to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter in a large bowl until pale. Gradually stir in the icing sugar then beat until smooth. Add a few drops of food colouring and beat until the colour is evenly distributed. Transfer the buttercream to an icing bag fitted with a small star nozzle then pipe a message and border on top of the cookie.
Content continues after advertisements