Celebrate World Nutella day with these delightful Nutella macarons!
Nutella MacaronsRecipe from Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes, which is available to purchase here. Makes 40 small macaroons Preparation time : 40 min | Cooking time : 15 mins | Resting time : 20 min | Chilling time : 24 hr Ingredients:
- 6 egg whites
- 260 g (2 cups) icing/confectioner's sugar
- 240 g (2¾ cups) ground almonds
- 30 g (¼ cup) cocoa powder
- 200 g (1 cup) caster/superfine sugar
- 400 g (1¾ cups) Nutella®
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F/Gas 1). Mix together the icing/confectioner's sugar, ground almonds and cocoa powder. Sieve the mixture finely.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl; when they are frothy, add half the caster/superfine sugar and continue to beat. When they start to become stiff, add the remaining sugar and continue beating to make a thick meringue mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold in the sieved ingredients. Use large, gentle movements for at least 2 minutes, working the mixture from the edges of the bowl towards the centre. The mixture should form a ribbon when it falls from a spoon.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment and draw evenly spaced 3.5 cm- (1½ in-) diameter circles on it. Pour the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe it onto the parchment in rounds the same diameter as the circles. Set aside for 20 minutes in a dry place until a crust forms on the surface.
- Before putting the macaroons in the oven, place the baking sheet on top of another baking sheet: that way the bottom of the macaroons will not be overcooked. Bake for 15 minutes, leaving the door of the oven slightly ajar.
- Leave the macaroons to cool for 5–10 minutes then remove from the baking sheet. When cold, spread half with NUTELLA® and sandwich together with the other halves.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving so that the macaroons soften slightly.
You can purchase Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes here.
Content continues after advertisements