Wonderful grab and go cookies that everyone will love! Preparation time: 15 mins Baking time: 15 mins Ingredients | Makes 16 large cookies
- 125g soft butter
- 225g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/bean paste
- 235g self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 75g raisins
- 50g oats
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease or line baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, then beat until thoroughly combined. Sieve in the flour and salt and beat again. Stir through the raisins and oats.
- Drop walnut sized balls of cookie dough on to baking trays keeping them well spaced apart. Add a little flour to your hands if you get sticky but there’s no need to flatten them.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until evenly golden. Leave on the baking tray for 5 mins then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Content continues after advertisements