Try out these scrumptious Irish coffee cupcakes, with a salted caramel centre, topped with whipped double cream.
Irish Coffee Cupcakes
Preparation time 40 mins Baking time 20 mins Makes 12
Irish Coffee Cupcake Ingredients:
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases x 12 15 g Instant Coffee Granules (1 tbsp) 150 g Margarine (5 oz) 150 g Dark Brown Sugar (5 oz) Medium Eggs x 3 Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder x 1 (25g) 165 g Plain Flour (5 1/2 oz) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachets x 2 (10g/2tsp) 140 g Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Salted Caramel (1 pouch) 60 ml Whisky (4 tbsp) To decorate: 200 ml Double Cream (7 fl.oz) 52 g Dr. Oetker Salted Caramel Crunch Dr. Oetker Giant Chocolate Stars
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan assisted oven, 350˚F, gas mark 4). Put Muffin Cases in 12 muffin tins. Put the coffee granules in a small heatproof dish and spoon over 10ml (2 tsp) boiling water. Stir to dissolve and set aside.
- Put the margarine in a mixing bowl with the brown sugar. Whisk together until creamy and lighter in texture and colour.
- Gradually beat in the eggs until well blended. Sift the Cocoa, flour and Baking Powder on top and using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the flour into the whisked ingredients along with the coffee liquid.
- Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases and smooth over the tops. Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch.
- As soon as the cakes are cooked, generously inject each one with Surprise Inside Caramel Cupcake Centre, making sure the nozzle goes right into the centre of each cake. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Skewer each cake with a cocktail stick and drizzle each one with 5ml (1 tsp) whisky.
- To decorate, just before serving, pour the cream into a bowl and whisk gently until softly peaking. Thickly spread on top of each cake, sprinkle with Salted Caramel Crunch and decorate with Giant Chocolate Stars. Your cocktail cupcakes are now ready to serve and enjoy. Cheers!
Tips: If whisky isn't one of your tipples, brandy or dark rum go well with chocolate, or for more coffee flavour, try Tia Maria.