Mother's Day is fast approaching and what better way to show Mum just how much you love her than by baking her some yummy treats! So instead of buying your mum a bunch of flowers, why not surprise her with these delicious chocolate flowerpot cupcakes by Dr. Oetker instead?
Chocolate Flowerpot Cupcakes
Makes: 10 cupcakes | Prep time: 30 mins | Bake time: 20 mins Ingredients:
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases
- 120g unsalted butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self raising flour
- 1 sachet Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder (25g)
- 1tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- ½tsp salt
- 50g Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips
- 75ml milk
- 1tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Rich Chocolate
- Dr. Oetker Regal Ice Ready to Roll Icing Coloured
- Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing Pink or Chocolate
- Dr. Oetker Mini Wafer Flowers and Wafer Daisies
- Line a cupcake tin with 10 cases and preheat your oven to 180C. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric beater. Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Sift the flour, Fine Dark Cocoa Powder and Baking Powder into the mixing bowl. Add salt and those moreish Milk Chocolate Chips then gently fold in. In stages, fold in 75ml milk and Vanilla Extract to make a smooth batter
- Dollop the mixture between 10 muffin cases and bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool for 2 mins, then squeeze a squidge of Cupcake Centres into each cupcake
- Put cupcakes inside terracotta pots to display. Roll out the green Icing to the thickness of a £1 coin
- Cut out long thin leaves 5 – 7cm long and 1.5cm wide. Take 3 leaves and gently squeeze them together at one end, placing on top of each cupcake
- Use Pink or Chocolate Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing to decorate the top of each cupcake, adding Mini Wafer Flowers & Wafer Daisies
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Dr. Oetker has teamed up with star TV baker Ian Cumming to create a recipe book especially for little budding bakers.
Featuring four delicious recipes, Bake Mum’s Day is an illustrated book filled with playful characters, handy tips and simple step by step instructions for little hands to follow. From Chocolate Flowerpot Cupcakes to Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake, the cute, fun-filled recipes will inspire little ones to bake-off at home with the family and treat mum to something special this Mother’s Day.
To download the full Dr. Oetker Bake Mum’s Day recipe book, go to www.oetker.co.uk/mothersday
Go bonkers for baking!
Show off your little one’s yummiest creations and funniest pictures using the hashtag #bakemumsday