Simple sweet treats, these delicious chocolate hazelnut cupcakes are like Nutella in cupcake form!
Chocolate Hazelnut CupcakesPreparation time: 30 mins Baking time 22-25 mins Makes 12 cupcakes For the cupcakes:
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 150g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 70g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 tbsp milk
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 125g chocolate hazelnut spread
- 100g soft cream cheese
- 300g golden icing sugar
- 35g chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined, add a spoonful of flour along with each to prevent the mixture from curdling. Sift in the flour then baking powder and fold into the mixture until even.
- Add to the mixture the melted chocolate, milk and chopped hazelnuts and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 22-25 mins until well risen and springy to the touch.
- To make the frosting, beat together the chocolate hazelnut spread and the soft cream cheese until they are evenly combined. Sift in the golden icing sugar and beat well.
- Pipe or spread over the tops of the cooled cupcakes with a palette knife and scatter with the remaining chopped hazelnuts. Serve.