Chocolate Heart Marshmallow Cupcakes
Preparation and cooking time: 60 minutes Makes: 12 portions Ingredients For the cupcakes:
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases
- 220 g Margarine softened
- 220 g Caster Sugar
- Medium Eggs x 4, beaten
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder (x2 sachets or 50g)
- 170 g Plain Flour
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachets x 3 (3 tsp)
For the decoration:
- 150 g Butter softened
- 350 g Icing Sugar
- Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder (x2 sachets or 50g/6 tbsp)
- 25 g Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5). Line a cupcake tin with 12 Cupcake Cases.
- Beat the margarine with the sugar until light in texture.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and Madagascan Vanilla Extract.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and Baking Powder. Using a metal spoon, fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the Cupcake Cases and bake for 20-22 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing, place the butter into a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder to make a smooth buttercream. Add a little milk if the buttercream is too thick.
- Fit a piping bag with a 1cm closed star nozzle then fill with buttercream and pipe onto the cupcakes. Place a Heart Marshmallow onto each cupcake to finish.