Light and moist chocolate cupcakes, filled with a whole Oreo, Oreo buttercream, and there's even another one on top!
By Jane Dunn (www.janespatisserie.com)
Serves 15 | Preparation time 20 mins | Baking time 15-20 mins
- 15 Whole Oreos
- 200g Butter/Margarine
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1-3tbsp Whole Milk – If needed!
- 200g Butter, room temperature
- 500g Icing Sugar
- 6-8 Crushed Oreos
- 2-4tbsp Whole Milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan – and Line 1-2 12 hole Muffin Trays with Cases! (I make 15 cupcakes out of this recipe) Put a whole Oreo at the bottom of each of the cupcake cases – leave to one side.
- Beat together the butter & sugar until pale and light & fluffy, I do this for a couple of minutes using my KitchenAid with the Paddle attachment, it makes it so smooth and perfect!
- Add the eggs, self raising flour, and cocoa powder, and mix until smooth – if the mixture is a bit stiff then add 1tbsp of milk till you reach the desired consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the cases on top of the whole Oreo – I use an ice cream scoop so that its equal between them all, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through! Once baked, leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the Buttercream, beat the Butter at room temperature with a mixer until smooth and supple – gradually beat in the Icing Sugar until it is all incorporated – add the finely crushed Oreo’s (I blitz mine in the food processor so I know there are no lumps) and continue to beat for 3-5 minutes until super light and fluffy – if its too stiff, add the milk slowly until its the desired consistency!
- Using a Large Star/1M nozzle, pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes and top with whatever you fancy!