These Glitterball Cupcakes, made to celebrate the Strictly final are the perfect edition to your party.
Dr. Oetker have teamed up with expert baker Fondant Fox to create these awesome Glitterball Cupcakes! Perfect for a disco party.
- 225g plain flour
- 85g Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp. Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda Tub
- 1/2 tbsp. Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 350g caster sugar
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250ml whole milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Large 95ml Vanilla Extract
- 250ml boiling water
- 1tsp instant coffee
- Dr.Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centres Salted Caramel
- Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Icing Vanilla
- Disco ball decorations
- Dr. Oetker Regal Ice Ready To Roll White 454g
- Dr. Oetker Shimmer Spray Silver
- Sparkly hologram silver edible glitter
- Round circle cookie cutter (around 8cm diameter)
- Icing sugar (to dust your work surface)
- Non-stick rolling pin
- Small knife
- Clean small paint brush
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4).
- Weigh all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and with a hand whisk, mix until all evenly blended in together.
- Add the wet ingredients 1 and whisk by hand again until the mixture is smooth, glossy and lump free.
- Add 250ml of freshly boiled water and 1 tbsp. of instant coffee and whisk by hand again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a jug (as its quite liquid!) and then pour into each cupcake case, until around two thirds full, bake for 25 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Once cool, make a hole in the centre of each cupcake (I used a chopstick to do this!), then using the Dr.Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centres Salted Caramel Cake Centres, push the nozzle into the middle of each cupcake and squeeze the delicious filling into the centre of each cupcake (it doesn't matter if some of this oozes out of the top a bit!).
- To finish, using the Easy Swirl Icing Vanilla, (with the star nozzle attached), pipe a swirl of icing, starting from the outside edge of the cupcake and working your way into the centre, in a circular motion, so that you end up with a nice tall swirl of icing! Now your cupcakes are ready to be turned into disco balls!
- Knead the icing until soft and smooth, then dust your work surface with icing sugar, to prevent the icing from sticking.
- Roll your icing until around half a cm thickness, then using the cookie cutter, cut out 24 circles
- Using the small knife, make incisions (without cutting all the way through) into the circles, first horizontal, and then vertical, to give the illusion of small squares embossed into the icing.
- Carefully place each embossed icing circle onto the top of each cupcake, using the palm of your hand to smooth the fondant icing down onto the buttercream icing, until you have a dome shape.
- Once you've added the icing circles onto all of your cupcakes, spray them all with the Dr.Oetker Shimmer Spray Silver, then straightaway dust them all with plenty of glitter, using your paintbrush dipped in the edible glitter, then tap gently over each cupcake.