And the courgette means they're almost a health food, so you can treat yourself to more than one!
Lemon and Courgette Cupcakes
Preparation time 35 mins Baking time 25 mins Makes 12 Ingredients: For the Cakes:
- Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
- 175 g Plain Flour (6 oz)
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachet (1 tsp)
- 115 g Caster Sugar (4 oz)
- 150 g Courgette (5 oz) grated
- Medium Eggs x 2 beaten
- 60 ml Sunflower Oil (4 tbsp)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract (1 tsp)
- 200 g Light Cream Cheese (7 oz) 3% fat
- 30 g Icing Sugar (2 tbsp)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Select Vanilla Extract with Seeds (1 tsp)
- Lemon Zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4). Line a fairy cake tin with 12 Baking Cases. Sift the flour and Baking Powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the courgette, eggs, oil and Sicilian Lemon Extract. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the Baking Cases and bake for about 25 minutes until risen, lightly golden and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and store in an airtight container for 24 hours to allow the flavour and texture to develop.
- To decorate, put the soft cheese in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon to soften. Sift the icing sugar on top and add the Madagascan Vanilla Extract. Mix together until well blended.
Tip: Spread a little soft cheese topping over each cake and sprinkle with lemon zest. Your cakes are now ready to eat and enjoy!