Why not give this recipe - shared with us by the Alzheimer's Society - a try? It's the perfect crowd-pleaser as it's gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugar. The ideal treat for the Cupcake Day bake sale on 14th June! Makes: 6 cupcakes Ingredients:
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 6 dates, stoned
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g creamed coconut
- 1 large mango, peeled and stoned
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp turmeric
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 large avocado
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Place the ground almonds, pumpkin seeds and dates into a food processor and blitz to break down. Add the coconut oil, half the cacao powder and the cinnamon and blitz again.
- Spoon into 6 silicone cup cake cases, pressing down and levelling the top, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt together the creamed coconut and coconut oil. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place the mango into a small blender with the chia seeds, 1 tbsp of the maple syrup, the turmeric and lime juice. Blitz to a puree. Pour in the melted creamed coconut and coconut oil and blitz again to a smooth puree.
- Spoon the mango puree over the crumb base in the cup cake cases. Chill for another 30-40 minutes, until set.
- Place the remaining cacao powder, maple syrup and the avocado and orange zest into a small blender and blend until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag with star nozzle.
- Remove the cup cakes from their cases and pipe the chocolate orange mousse on top.
Content continues after advertisements