Makes: 12 cupcakes/2 flowers | Prep time: 15 mins | Bake time: 20 mins Ingredients:
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1tspDr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 100g self raising flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 75ml milk
- 2tsp of raspberry or apricot jam
- 1 pack of Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready To Roll Icing Coloured
- Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Strands
- Preheat oven to 180C. Mix the butter, a pinch of salt and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs one at a time and add Vanilla Extract. Gently fold in the flour & ground almonds, add the milk and fill 12 cupcake cases with the finished mixture
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, take them out and leave until they’re too cool for school. Warm jam in the microwave for 10 – 20 seconds, then spread on top of cupcakes
- Roll Icing to the thickness of a £1 coin. Use 100g of yellow, 100g of red plus 40g of black. Use a cutter to make icing discs (you need 5 yellow, 5 red and 2 black) and arrange on top of cupcakes
- Wipe black cupcakes with a damp cloth and sprinkle Chocolatey Strands on top. Arrange your cupcakes with a black one in the middle, surrounded by five coloured ones
- Roll most of the green Icing, creating stalks for your flowers. Then roll out the remaining icing to create leaves, arranging them on either side of your stalks.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Dr. Oetker has teamed up with star TV baker Ian Cumming to create a recipe book especially for little budding bakers.
Featuring four delicious recipes, Bake Mum’s Day is an illustrated book filled with playful characters, handy tips and simple step by step instructions for little hands to follow. From Chocolate Flowerpot Cupcakes to Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake, the cute, fun-filled recipes will inspire little ones to bake-off at home with the family and treat mum to something special this Mother’s Day.
To download the full Dr. Oetker Bake Mum’s Day recipe book, go to www.oetker.co.uk/mothersday
Go bonkers for baking!
Show off your little one’s yummiest creations and funniest pictures using the hashtag #bakemumsday