Father's Day in the UK is on 21st June this year, so if you'd looking for ideas for what to bake your dad (or get your kids making for their dad), Sophie Turhnam from Sophie Victoria Cupcakes has the perfect cupcake recipe to get you started... Father's Day Football Cupcakes For the Vanilla Cupcakes (makes 12): 110g butter, softened 110g caster sugar 110g plain flour 2 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt 1tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs For the Vanilla Frosting: 280g icing sugar 140g butter, softened 1 – 2 tbsp whole milk For the decorations: Sugarpaste Green gel food colouring Clickstix sports cutter Edible black pen Rolling pin Piping bag Grass Nozzle Step 1: For the Cupcakes:
- Whisk together the; butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. Then add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix until smooth again. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 mins until well risen and springy to touch, then put on a wire rack to cool.
Step 2: For the Vanilla Frosting:
- Sift the icing sugar and beat together with the green gel colouring, butter and milk until smooth.
- Spoon your icing into the piping bag and pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes using the grass nozzle. Start at the edge and work your way into the centre, fill in any gaps afterwards.
Step 3: For the Cupcake Toppers:
- For the footballs – Take your white sugarpaste and roll it on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. You will need to roll it very thin so you can almost see through it. Using the clickstix cutter cut out 12 footballs and put to one side.
- Use the black edible pen to colour in / outline the 12 footballs and simply place these onto your iced cupcakes.