Super freaky faces reach a whole new level with this Dr Oetker recipe for Monster Cupcakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 15-20 minutes - Decorating time: 20-30 minutes - Makes: 12
For the cupcakes
- 220g plain flour
- 160g light brown sugar
- 1 packet (25g) Dr. Oetker Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200ml milk (use dairy or soy milk)
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dr Oetker vanilla extract
- Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing
- Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Coloured Icing
- Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Ivory Icing
- Sprinkles, chocolate buttons, strawberry laces
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients in a large measuring jug and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Use a whisk to thoroughly mix the two together. The batter will glossy and quite thick.
- Fill the cases with the batter - about halfway up. Bake for 15-20 minutes.