Fancy mixing things up?
Try different ready-to-eat dried fruits in place of the prunes – choose your favourite.
Ginger & prune scones
Give your scones an autumnal twist with this ginger and prune scones recipe courtesy of Dairy Diary... perfectly complemented with a dollop of jam and clotted cream!
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 175g (6oz) wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- a good pinch of salt
- 75g (3oz) dark soft brown sugar
- 50g (2oz) stem ginger, drained and chopped
- 75g (3oz), ready-to-eat pitted prunes, chopped
- 40g (1½oz) butter, cut into small pieces
- 200ml (7fl oz) buttermilk or natural yoghurt
- milk, to glaze
- jam and clotted cream, to serve (optional)