Easy Double Chocolate Muffins
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling and setting | Cooking time: 20 minutes (plus 30 seconds to melt Easy Choc and additional bursts of further 10 seconds if required) | Makes: 12
200g (7oz) Plain flour 1 sachet/ 25g (1oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder 3 sachets/15g (1tbsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder 115g (4oz) Soft light brown sugar 1 Medium egg, beaten 115g (4oz) Unsalted butter, melted 150ml (1/4pt) Whole Milk 150g pot Dr. Oetker Easy Choc 1509 Fine Cook’s Chocolate White
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan oven, 375˚F, gas 5). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin or cupcake tin. Sift the flour, Cocoa Powder and Baking Powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, mix the egg, melted butter and milk. Gradually pour into the centre of dry ingredients, mixing at the same time, until the mixture forms a thick, smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin tins – they will be quite full. Smooth the tops and bake for about 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch – a skewer inserted into the centre of each will come out clean when the muffins are cooked. Cool in the muffin tins for 10 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the Easy Choc Milk as directed on the packet, and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Arrange the muffins, still on the wire rack, over a board or tray lined with baking parchment. Using a teaspoon, generously spoon over Easy Choc to cover the tops, allowing it to drip down the sides. Leave aside in a cool place to set for a few minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate and, using a teaspoon, drizzle a little across the top of the muffins. Leave for a few minutes to set. Your muffins are now ready to serve and enjoy!