Blueberry Muffins with White Chocolate Ganache
Serves 8 - Cook Time 30 mins - Total Time 40 mins
Big bakery style blueberry muffins, topped with a smooth white chocolate ganache, blueberry compot, white chocolate shards and sugared blueberries!
- 110g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 125g blueberries
- 210g white chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- blueberry compot
- Cream the butter and sugar together then add the eggs one at a time, mix for three minutes.
- Add the flour and baking powder stir to combine. Add half the blueberries and gently stir.
- Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just over half way. Use the remaining
- Bake in an oven set at 200C for 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- While the muffins cool in the tray start to made your ganache.
- Place the chopped white chocolate into a medium size microwave safe mixing bowl. Set aside while you heat the cream.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until just boiling.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave to stand for two minutes. This will give the chocolate time to soften.
- Stir the ganache until smooth. Leave to cool until the ganache is at a consistency of thick cream. Pipe or spoon a tablespoon on the ganache on top of each muffin and drizzle a teaspoon of blueberries compot. Then top with sugared or plain blueberries. Finally cut some white chocolate into shards to place on top of the ganache.
- Tip: To make your own sugared blueberries whisk an egg white and then paint the egg white onto the berries. Coat the blueberries in granulated sugar and place onto a tray and let dry.
Content continues after advertisements