Try our delicious Lemon Duffin recipe for a cross between the doughnut and muffin
Preparation time: 25 minutes plus cooling - Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 115g (4oz) Lightly salted butter, softened
- 150g (5oz) Caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Natural Lemon Extract
- 340g (11 ½ oz) Plain flour
- 2 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder (2 Sachets)
- 225ml (8fl.oz) Whole milk
- 140g pouch Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Zingy Lemon Cupcake Centre
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) Lightly salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan oven, 375°F, gas mark 5). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk together until light and creamy. Whisk in the egg and Lemon Extract.
- Sift the flour and Baking Powder on top, and mix together, gradually adding all the milk, to make a smooth, thick, batter.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins, smooth the tops and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until risen to a dome and firm to the touch.
- As soon as the muffins are cool enough to handle, turn them onto a wire rack. Inject each one generously through the side with the Surprise Inside Zingy Lemon Cupcake Centre.
- To decorate, while the muffins are still warm, put the sugar on a plate.
- Working on one muffin at a time, brush all over with melted butter and roll in the sugar to coat
- Put back on the wire rack. Your cakes are now ready to serve warm or allow to cool completely.
Content continues after advertisements