Here's a quick festive muffin you can have ready in under an hour; mincemeat crumble muffins. The perfect way to put a modern twist on traditional mincepies!
Mincemeat Crumble MuffinsPreparation time 15 mins Baking time 35 mins Makes 6 For the muffins:
- 185g self raising flour
- 55g soft light brown sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 30g butter, melted
- ½ standard jar (411g) of mincemeat
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 10g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- Place 6 Tulip Muffin Wraps into a muffin tray. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Add the self raising flour and soft light brown sugar to a large bowl and mix well to combine. Whisk together the milk, melted butter and egg. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid. Mix together well to form a fairly thick batter.
- Stir through the mincemeat and divide the batter between the 6 muffin cases.
- To prepare the crumble topping, rub the butter into the plain flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the oats and sugar until well combined.
- Scatter the crumble over the tops of the muffins and bake in the oven for 35 mins until golden and well risen. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool. Serve.
Content continues after advertisements