Nutty Banoffee Muffins
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes Makes: 12 Ingredients:
- Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
- 225 g Wholewheat Plain Flour (8 oz)
- Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda Sachet (1 tsp)
- 115 g Light Brown Sugar (4 oz)
- 50 g Walnuts (2 oz) finely chopped
- Medium Egg beaten
- 200 ml Low Fat Buttermilk (7 fl.oz)
- 60 ml Sunflower Oil (4 tbsp)
- Banana large ripe, peeled and mashed
- 10 ml Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour (2 tsp)
- 20 g Dried Banana Chips (12 Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan Oven, Gas Mark 5). Line a muffin tin with 12 Muffin Cases. Sift the flour and Bicarbonate of Soda into a mixing bowl, adding any husks that remain behind in the sieve. Stir in the sugar and walnuts. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a measuring jug, mix together the egg, buttermilk, oil, mashed banana and Caramel Flavour. Pour into the well and mix to form a thick batter.
- Spoon into the Muffin Cases. Put a banana chip on top of each and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until risen and lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
TIP: Wrap and store for 24 hours before serving for an even moister, flavoursome bake.