An easy recipe for white chocolate and raspberry muffins...
Get the kids involved in baking something delicious on a rainy day with this easy muffin recipe. The combination of in-season raspberries and creamy white chocolate makes for a tasty treat!
White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins by Miele
Ingredients - Makes 24 Muffins
- 500g self-raising flour
- 300g golden caster sugar + extra for sprinkling
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 160g raspberries
- 300ml milk
- 80g soured cream
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp raspberry preserve
- 24 paper muffin cases in muffin trays
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, chopped chocolate and raspberries.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, soured cream, butter and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Place a tbsp of the mixture into the base of each muffin case. Dot a small amount of raspberry preserve on top of the mixture in each case and then spoon the remaining mixture equally over the top to enclose the preserve. Sprinkle a little caster sugar on the surface of each muffin.
- Put each of the muffin trays on a solid baking tray and place in an oven on the first and third shelf position and set the oven temperature at 180°C. If using a Miele Oven, select the Fan Plus function. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes until risen and lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool or serve when still slightly warm.