Redcurrant muffins recipe from the National Trust
Preparation time 10 minutes. Cooking time 25 minutes. Serves 12. Ingredients
- 400g self-raising flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml soya milk
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 200g fresh currants
For the topping
Content continues after advertisements
- 75g demerara sugar
- Place the flour and sugar into a bowl, followed by the fresh currants.
- Mix the eggs, oil and soya milk in a jug and combine.
- Add the egg mix to the flour mix, fold together gently until just combined and split evenly between the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven at 170C for 25 minutes until crisp on golden on top and cooked in the centre.