Strawberry and Chocolate Winter Deer Muffin – recipe by Judit Bakes
- 125 g self raising Flour
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp oil
- 100 ml natural strawberry spread
- 5 strawberries cut into very small chunks
- For the decoration
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberry
- 200 g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp cing sugar
- 100 g modelling chocolate
- White sugarpaste
- Black sugarpaste
- Prepare the strawberry deer heads. Melt the white chocolate and dip the strawberries until fully covered. Place them sideways on a parchment and let them set.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Line a muffin tray with12 cupcake cases. Seive the dry ingredients into the bowl, then in a jug mix the egg, spread and oil together. Finally pour the egg mixture into the bowl, mix until combined. Fold in the strawberries. Spoon mixture into cake cases and bake for 20 minutes until set and cracked at the top. Once muffins are done leave them to stand and cool.
- Finish the heads by rolling two white sugarpaste balls, and three black balls, two smaller than the white ball and one larger (for the eyeballs and nose). To make the antlers roll a sausage shape, make a diagonal cut from on one-third of the length towards the end and slightly bend them apart. Flatten the white balls to create the base of the eye, then add the features (antlers, eyes, nose) to create the desired expression. Make up some icing by adding the water to the icing sugar slowly and bit by bit until the consistency of golden syrup add more icing sugar or water if needed.
- Cover the muffins with icing and stick on the deer heads.