These beetroot frittata muffins are an awesome savoury dish to enjoy on the weekend when you want to treat yourself a little.We absolutely love these muffins. They were developed by Olivia Cooney for Love Beetroot and we cannot get enough!
Beetroot frittata muffinsMakes 12
- 250g (9oz) pack of sweet chilli pre-cooked infused beetroot, diced
- 600g (1lb 4oz) butternut squash
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 100g (3½oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- large handful parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6 and prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into 3cm (1¼in) cubes.
- Roast in the oven with coconut oil for 15-20 minutes, until soft.
- While the squash is roasting, mix the eggs, feta, spring onions, chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Leave the beetroot until last to avoid everything turning pink.
- Roughly mash the roasted squash with a fork, keeping it chunky – do this in the roasting tin to save washing up – and add to the egg mix.
- Pour your frittata mix into a large jug (I do this so it’s easy to pour into the moulds) and pour into your prepared muffin cases. Bake for 20 minutes.
Content continues after advertisements