Breakfast in bed is a truly indulgent treat and with these clever little English Breakfast muffins you can spoil someone special with the classic flavours of a Full English in a chic muffin. They taste delicious and smell wonderful so it’s lucky the recipe makes twelve as one just isn’t enough!
English Breakfast MuffinsPreparation time 35 mins plus cooling Baking time 15 mins Makes 12 Ingredients:
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 300g chipolatas, cut into 1cm slices
- 200g streaky bacon, cut into 1cm pieces
- 75g mushrooms, sliced
- 325g self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml milk
- 50g tomato ketchup
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7 and line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the sunflower oil in a large frying pan. Add the chipolatas and cook for approximately 10 mins until golden. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 mins until the bacon has started to colour. Add the mushrooms and cook everything until the mushrooms are tender. Allow to cool.
- Place the flour and mustard powder in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and remaining sunflower oil. Pour into the flour, add the cooked meats and mushrooms then stir until well combined.
- Divide half of the muffin mixture equally between the paper cases. Drop a teaspoon of ketchup into each case then top with the remaining muffin mixture. Press two tomato halves into the top of each muffin then bake for 15 mins until springy. The muffins are best served warm and eaten the same day.
Content continues after advertisements