These amazing pizza muffins have all the flavours of a margherita pizza in an easy to eat on the go muffin! These are perfect when served for breakfast or lunch but be warned...they will disappear fast! Preparation time 15 mins Baking time 20-25 mins Makes 10 Ingredients:
- 300g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 10 sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped into small pieces
- 50g cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 125g mozzarella, drained and dried of excess liquid and cut into small pieces
- 125ml milk
- 160ml sunflower/vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 small tomatoes cut into 10 slices
- 30g parmesan, coarsely grated
- Fresh basil leaves for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 10 paper cases.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper then add the dried basil, sundried tomatoes, about 3/4 of the cheddar cheese and 3/4 of the mozzarella. Stir until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and eggs. Pour into the flour and cheese mixture and fold in using a wooden spoon until almost all combined mixing as little as possible to ensure a fluffy muffin.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases. Place a slice of tomato on top of each muffin then sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan then bake for 20-25 mins until golden on top. Decorate with basil leaves and serve warm or cold.
Content continues after advertisements