This is the perfect, easy sharing desert for any chocolate lovers! This recipe for success from Seasonal Berries is the perfect winter warmer.
Serves 2 Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 strips of orange rind pared from a whole orange with a vegetable peeler
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 120ml (4fl oz) or 8 tablespoons water
- 150g (5oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons double cream, plus 1 tablespoon to decorate
- 350g (12oz) mixed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Add the orange rind, cinnamon, sugar and water to a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until syrupy and leave to cool for 10 minutes or longer for the flavours to develop.
- Discard the orange rind and reheat the syrup. Take off the heat, add the chocolate and leave until melted. Stir until smooth and mix in 2 tablespoons of cream until glossy. Reheat gently if needed.
- Arrange the fruit on a plate with skewers or small forks and pour the fondue sauce into a cup or fondue pot set over a burner. You can even use the saucepan you have been cooking with. Decorate with an extra drizzle of cream and swirl with a skewer. Start dipping!
For a minted chocolate fondue, substitute the orange and cinnamon for 2 stems of fresh mint instead of the orange and cinnamon.