This Nutella mousse may be a dessert that flies in the face of today’s healthy food trends, but it’s sometimes good to give into temptation!
Nutella MousseRecipe from Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes, which is available to purchase here. Makes 8 mousses | Preparation time : 15 MIN | Chilling time : 6 hr minimum Ingredients:
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp caster/superfine sugar
- 200 g (7/8 cup) Nutella®
- 50 g (3½ tbsp) unsalted butter
- 50 g (scant ½ cup) crème fraîche
- 8 tbsp hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks vigorously with the sugar until the mixure becomes pale and frothy.
- Melt the Nutella® with the butter in a bain-marie or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool. Add the melted Nutella® to the egg-yolk mixture then mix in the crème fraîche.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the Nutella® mixture.
- Cover the bottom of 8 small ramekins with a thin layer of toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
- Divide the mousse between the ramekins and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
You can purchase Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes here.
Content continues after advertisements