Coated with delicious velvety toffee sauce this pudding is extra special served with or custard or simply just on its own.
Sticky Toffee Pudding - recipe by Billingtons
: 30 mins - Cook
: 45 mins - Serves
You will need:
20x20cm square cake tin with baking parchment 175g Billington’s Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar 225g dates chopped and stoned 250ml black tea 100g unsalted butter (unsalted) softened
For the sauce
- 3 Egg(s) (free range)
- 1tsp dixed spice
- 1tsp Nielsen Massey vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising white flour
- ¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g Billington’s Unrefined Molasses Sugar 110g unsalted butter 275ml golden syrup 225ml double cream ½tsp Nielsen Massey vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan). Butter and flour the sides of a 20x20cm square cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
2. Put the chopped dates and tea in a small pan and bring to the boil. Cook for a few minutes to soften the date then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Beat the butter in a large bowl or use an electric food mixer until soft.
4. Add the Golden Caster Sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the mixed spice and vanilla extract. Fold in the date mixture.
5. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and fold in gently until mixed. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 45 mins, or until the top is just firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to stand in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a serving plate.
7. To make the toffee sauce, melt the butter and add the Molasses and syrup, stir until all sugar is dissolved then add the double cream and vanilla extract and keep stirring until it is thick. For an extra twist add a dash of Whisky.
8. Serve a portion of the pudding with toffee sauce poured over the top and a dollop of cream.
This recipe was created by Billingtons