A festive twist on a favourite.
Preparation time 20 mins plus 1 hour resting time - Baking time 40 mins - Serves 6-8
- 9 slices of brioche
- 25g softened butter – plus some
- for greasing
- 1 x 100g Christmas pudding
- 600ml double cream
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 25g golden caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Grease a 20cm square oven proof dish and set to one side. Butter one side of each slice of brioche, then cut into triangles and layer in the dish. Crumble over the Christmas pudding.
- Whisk together the cream, brandy, eggs, sugar and orange zest, then pour over the brioche slices. Place in the fridge and leave to rest for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and bake for 40 mins until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve warm and dust with icing sugar for an extra festive look.
Content continues after advertisements