Apple and blackberry crumble
Brought to you by Waitrose
- 600 g essential Waitrose Seasonal Apple Selection, peeled, cored and chopped into 2cm cubes (450g prepared weight)
- 150 g blackberries
- 1/2 juice of half a lemon
- 75 g light brown muscovado sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 75 g jumbo oats
- 30 g polenta
- a pinch of salt
- 75 g unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- single cream, Greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Put the apples and blackberries in a medium ovenproof dish (about 1.5ltr (21⁄2pts) in volume). Pour over the lemon juice with 2 tbsp water and toss with the fruit.
Put the sugar, flour, oats, polenta and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Add the butter; rub together with your fingertips to make a wet, clumpy crumble, then sprinkle over the fruit.
Bake for 35 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with single cream, Greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream, if liked.