Prune It is a healthy eating campaign designed to educate consumers to understand the role that California Prunes play in helping to reduce the fat and sugar content across a wide range of recipes.
California Prune Souffle
By Rosemary Shrager
Serves 2 - Preparation time 15 minutes - Cooking time 8-10 minutesIngredients:
- Butter to grease ramekin dishes
- Ground pistachios to line ramekin dishes
- 100ml California Prune Juice (will end up with 50ml)
- 6g cornflour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- Icing sugar for dredging
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC.
- First reduce the prune juice by 50%. Mix the cornflour in two teaspoons of water, then add to the prune juice and place on a low heat. Mix until thickened. Leave to cool a bit.
- When cool, add the egg yolk to this mix.
- Butter the ramekins and dust with ground pistachios.
- Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak, then add the sugar and continue beating until stiff.
- Carefully whisk in one third of the egg white to the prune mix, then fold in the rest.
- Fill the prepared ramekins and place in the oven for 8 minutes (fan oven) or 10 minutes (conventional oven).
- Remove and dust with icing sugar.