Cherry, berry and almond clafoutis
Enjoy this baked French pudding, made with fruit and covered in a flan-type butter. Cherry, berry and almond clafoutis is a delicious dessert option...
Image credit: Clarence Court
Brought to you by Clarence Court
Content continues after advertisements
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 500 g mixed de-stoned cherries and berries (raspberries and blueberries work well)
- 100 g golden marzipan, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100 g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown free-range eggs
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown free-range egg yolks
- 500 ml double cream, plus extra for dusting
- 150 g caster sugar
- 20 g toasted flaked almonds
- icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4. Grease the inside of a 30cm (12in) shallow casserole dish with butter.
Scatter the fruit and chopped marzipan evenly in the dish. Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and pour over the fruit.
Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until golden and risen.
Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar, scatter over the almonds and serve immediately with cream.
Last updated one year ago
More in Fruity Puddings