This pear and blackberry crisp is a wonderful, warming pud that's perfect for snuggling up with this Winter! A gorgeous fruit combo that makes a change from a crumble, but is just as good.
Pear and Blackberry Crisp
Preparation time 15 mins
Baking time 30 mins
- 125g butter
- 75g jumbo porridge oats
- 40g flaked almonds
- 15g golden linseeds
- 70g plain flour
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 300g chopped pears
- 200g blackberries
- 50g vanilla sugar or golden caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. In a saucepan, melt the butter and put to one side.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, linseeds, flour and brown sugar.
- Add the fruit to an oven proof shallow baking dish, approx. 750ml capacity. Sprinkle with the vanilla sugar or sugar and vanilla bean paste and toss through with your fingers to coat all the fruit.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir through. Spoon on top of the fruit to cover - it doesn’t matter if some fruit shows through.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins and serve with pouring cream, ice cream or custard for a very satisfying desert.
Linseeds are very good for you with their omega oil and mineral content making this pudding even more wholesome, but if you don’t add them simply make up the dry ingredients with more oats or almonds.