This is the perfect summer pud and a great way to use up leftover Panettone! Sweet, creamy and delicious. Serves 4
- 2 free-range eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 200g (7oz) mascarpone
- 60ml (2fl oz) brandy
- 3 slices of panettone, diced
- 200g (7oz) mixed berries – blueberries, raspberries and quartered strawberries
- 20g (¾oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely grated
- pure icing sugar
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy. Add the mascarpone and brandy and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl and with clean beaters, use the electric mixer to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the mascarpone mixture, then freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the panettone in a large frying pan on a medium heat, tossing occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Spoon a little of the mascarpone mixture into four serving glasses. Top with a layer of panettone, then a layer of berries. Repeat the layers twice more, finishing with berries. Top with grated chocolate and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Recipe from Luca’s Seasonal Journey by Luca Ciano, published by New Holland Publishers, RRP £19.99.