- 125g Carr’s Wholemeal Flour
- 125g Carr’s Strong White Flour
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg (beaten, to glaze)
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eating Apples (skin on and diced)
- 125g Crumbly Lancashire Cheese
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sift the ﬂours together, then tip the bran left back into the bowl, add a pinch of salt. Add 5 tbsp of cold water to the oil and mix with the ﬂour to form a dough. Knead lightly, then wrap in cling ﬁlm and leave to rest whilst preparing the ﬁlling.
- Grease and line two baking sheets.
- Cut the onions in half and slice, cook slowly in a frying pan with the butter. When the onions are translucent add the sugar, garlic and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until very soft.
- Add the apples to the pan and cook for a few minutes until coated in all the juices and softened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a ﬂoured surface until 3mm thick. Using an 11cm pastry cutter cut out approx 12 discs.
- Add the crumbled cheese to the onion mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a tablespoon of mixture in the centre of the pastry disk, brush the edges with beaten egg and fold the pastry over to form a crescent shape. Pinch the pastry together and brush with egg and place on a prepared baking sheet. Leave the pasties to rest for approx 45 minutes before baking in the oven at 180°C (Fan 160°C, Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes.
Recipe by Carr’s Flour. Find more recipes at www.carrsflour.co.uk