Use up all of those leftovers with this delicious turkey, ham and leek pie.
Turkey, Ham and Leek pie
IngredientsFor the pastry
- 250g Plain white flour
- pinch Salt
- 110g Butter (unsalted)
- 60ml Water (cold)
For the filling
- Butter (1 knob for frying)
- 1 Onion(s) (chopped )
- 1 Carrot(s) (sliced)
- 1 Leek(s) (sliced )
- 200ml Double cream
- 200ml Chicken stock (or turkey stock)
- 500g Turkey (strips)
- 150g Ham (strips)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (chopped)
- 1 Egg(s) (free range)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C, gas mark 6).
- To make the pastry, put the flour and salt into a large bowl and add the butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until it looks like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Using a knife stir in enough cold water to bind the dough together. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. While the pastry is chilling you can make the filling.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the carrots and leek and cook for about 5 minutes until the carrots start to soften. Pour in the cream and stock and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Next add the turkey, ham and thyme and season to taste, then remove the pan from the heat. Pour the filling into a pie dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to make a lid for the pie. Moisten the edges of the dish with water and cover the dish with the pastry. Brush the surface with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for twenty minutes until golden brown.
Content continues after advertisements