This beetroot, goat’s cheese and thyme tart is the perfect savoury crowd pleaser!
This tart by Kym Grimshaw for Denby is absolutely delicious and requires little effort for such a tasty result.
Beetroot, goat’s cheese and thyme tart
- 320g (11½oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 3 tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 150g (5½oz) mascarpone, at room temperature
- 200g (7oz) goats cheese
- 250g (9oz) fresh cooked beetroot, drained and sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- rocket, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry onto a baking sheet, trimming any excess pastry at either end if necessary. Score a 1cm (½in) border around the edge of the pastry sheet, prick all over with a fork, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the mascarpone, half of the goats cheese, honey and thyme leaves. Pat dry the sliced beetroot with kitchen paper.
- Allow the pre-baked pastry sheet to cool a little before spreading over the cheese base, topping with the slices of beetroot and dotting with the remaining goats cheese.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until golden. Top with rocket and extra thyme sprigs to serve.