Have you ever heard of quark before? Chances are you probably haven't. Quark is comparable to yoghurt in taste and texture but is a dairy product that uses a different strain of good bacteria. Think Greek yoghurt but creamier, less acidic, less fattening but much higher in protein. A new London based brand, Nutrii, are introducing a new quark snack pot range. Each tub has less than 150 calories but over 20g of high quality protein. They are also packed full of gut friendly probiotics to help maintain a healthy digestive system - the perfect snack for anyone living an active and healthy lifestyle. Nutrii can be used in a range of ways. From a healthy snack after the gym to a yummy addition to your granola topped with fruit and honey. This delicious new snack range will be available in Raspberry, Mango and Passionfruit and Plain. You can pick up your pot in Sainsbury's from next week.
Why not try out this yummy Asparagus Salmon Pie made with quark.Ingredients: Crust:
- 400g whole wheat flour
- 150 g butter
- ½ 5ml cold water
- pinch of salt
- 1 pot of nutrii
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- smoked salmon
- feta cheese
- mixed salad
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Mix the flour and butter together, add water and salt and mix all together to make a smooth dough.
- Wipe your dish with butter and spread your pie dough on it. Pre bake the crust in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Peel all you asparagus' and cook them for 3 minutes (add a pinch of sugar and a few drops of lemon juice into the water).
- Mix your quark mix together until it's smooth.
- Take your crust out of the oven and add your pie toppings.
- Pour your quark mix onto the toppings and put pie back in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with salad
Content continues after advertisements