If you like strong cheese, you'll love these pinwheels stuffed with stilton and walnuts, these are ideal for a summer buffet lunch...
Stilton and Walnut Pinwheels
- 375g pack ready rolled puff pastry, at room temperature
- 125g stilton cheese
- 50g walnuts, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and grease two baking trays. Unroll the pastry then place with a longer edge nearest to you. Cut in half vertically to form two rectangles.
- Mash the stilton with the walnuts in a bowl then spread the mixture thinly over the two pieces of pastry.
- Roll up each piece of pastry starting with the edges nearest you. Chill for 15 mins before slicing into 1.5cm thick pinwheels.
- Place onto the greased baking trays and bake for 8-10 mins until risen and golden.