Enjoy this Afternoon Tea classic with jam and cream (you decide which goes on first!)Breast Cancer Care have paired up with BerryWorld to bring you recipes that you can make for your very own Afternoon Tea for Breast Cancer Care this summer – to find out more visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk/bake.
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 125ml milk
- 1tsp baking pwder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 and grease two baking trays.
- Sift 225g self-raising flour, 1tsp baking power and a pinch of salt into bowl.
- Cut up 50g butter into small pieces. Rub into flour until breadcrumb consistency.
- Add 25g caster sugar and 125ml milk.
- Use a blunt knife to make a soft dough.
- Mould until smooth.
- Sprinkle surface with flour and roll out the dough until 1cm thick.
- Cut circles from the dough using a round cutter.
- Lay them out on the trays and brush with a little milk.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes
Content continues after advertisements