Berry Tart recipe from the National Trust
Preparation time 50 minutes. Cooking time 35-45 minutes. Serves 8. Ingredients
- 250g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 397g condensed milk
- 250g Greek style yoghurt
- 5 eggs
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 50g Greek style yoghurt
- 250g mixed seasonal berries
- Place the flour, butter and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon (zest and juice) and the eggs. Pulse a few times to bring the pastry together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead a couple of times to give a smooth dough. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out your pastry and line your sandwich tin, pricking the base all over with a fork or pastry docker. Bake blind at 180C for around 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans (used to weigh the mixture down) and place the case back in the oven to dry out the pastry for a further 5 minutes before removing and putting to one side.
- For the filling, place the yoghurt, condensed milk, eggs, lime (juice and zest) into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case. Place in the oven at 150C, baking for around 40 minutes or until the filling is set with a slight wobble and lightly coloured on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Spread the yoghurt over the top of the filling.
- Scatter the mixed berries over the top of the yoghurt. Cut into portions and serve.