Chocolate and Caramelised Banana Tart
IngredientsHazelnut & Almond Pastry
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 60g Icing sugar
- 33g Ground almonds
- 33g Ground hazelnuts
- 30g Icing sugar
- 1g Salt
- 50g Eggs
- 200g Plain flour
- 80g Caster sugar
- 200g Bananas
- 50g California Raisins
- 25g Rum
- 150g Whipping cream
- 15g Glucose
- 5g Invert sugar*
- 150g 63% Dark chocolate
- 5g Unsalted butter
- Chocolate sheets and gold leaf
- Roughly chop the unsalted butter. Place in a machine bowl.
- Add the icing sugar (60g), beat together until light in texture and in colour.
- Mix in the ground almonds, ground hazelnuts, icing sugar and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add eggs to the mixture.
- Finally add the flour and mix in.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for two hours.
- Roll out the pastry to a 3mm thickness.
- Line the tartlet cases. Dock the base of the tart and allow to rest in the fridge for another hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Bake the tartlet cases blind until golden brown.
- In a pan create an amber caramel with the sugar.
- Add in the chopped banana and raisins and caramelise in the sugar.
- Flambé with the rum, take of the heat and allow to cool.
- Boil together the whipping cream, glucose and invert sugar. Pour over finely chopped chocolate.
- Mix gradually until smooth.
- Add the softened butter and mix until smooth.
Assemble: Half fill the tartlet cases with the caramelised banana and raisin mixture. Pour in the Chocolate tart mixture to the top and allow to set. Decorate with chocolate sheets and gold leaf.
Recipe by Master chocolatier William Curley and California Raisins
For more information, check out California Raisins on Facebook or Twitter – @CalRaisinsUK