CREATE THE ULTIMATE EASTER TREAT WITH BENJAMINA
Easter is just around the corner, and to celebrate, Bacofoil has teamed up with Great British Bake Off quarter-finalist Benjamina Ebuehi to create a delicious Mini Egg Chocolate Tart.
With a buttery pastry and gooey, rich chocolate ganache, this egg-cellent recipe is the perfect sweet treat for the whole family.
For the pastry:
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Structured Baking Paper
- 125g Unsalted Butter, cold and diced
- 250g Plain Flour
- 70g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
For the filling:
- 300g Double Cream
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 45g Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 x 90g bags Mini Eggs
- To make the pastry, sift together the flour, icing sugar and salt in to a large bowl. Add in the butter and, working quickly, rub the butter and flour together with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Alternatively, place everything in a food processor and pulse.
fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Alternatively, place everything in a food processor and pulse.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg. Use a fork to press the dough together and lightly knead to form a ball. Wrap in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the pastry on a work surface to a thickness of approximately half a centimeter, and transfer to your loose-bottomed tart tin, leaving some overhang of pastry
around the edges.
- Prick the base with a fork a few times before lining with Bacofoil Non-Stick Structured Baking Paper and filling with baking beans or rice.
- Chill again for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 180oC. Blind bake for 15 minutes before removing the Bacofoil Non-Stick Structured Baking Paper and beans and
baking for a further 8 – 10 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Set aside to cool completely while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, put the cream, sugar and vanilla in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and mix until smooth. Add in the butter in stages, stirring constantly until all the butter has melted and you’re left with a shiny smooth ganache.
- Pour the chocolate into the pastry case and then place all the mini eggs on top.
- Allow the tart to set in the fridge, before bringing to room temperature and serving.
For more step-by-step tutorials, expert advice, product reviews and cake news, subscribe to Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft Magazine