A deliciously smooth and creamy chocolate orange tart, with a buttery biscuit base and a few cheeky slices of chocolate orange to decorate- who could resist a dessert like this? And the best part is it's no-bake, so it's so simple to make too!
No-Bake Chocolate Orange TartBy Jane Dunn (www.janespatisserie.com) This recipe makes an 8″/20cm cheesecake Serves 8-10 decent sized slices Ingredients: Biscuit Crust:
- 100g butter
- 300g digestives/hobnobs
- 300ml double cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 250g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Whipped Cream
- Spare Chocolate orange segments (I used an entire Orange!)
- Grated Chocolate
- For the Biscuit Crust – Using a food processor, blitz all of the biscuits to a fine crumb, and mix in the melted butter. Press this into the sides and base of a 20cm Pie/Flan tin (mine was 3cm deep). It might be easier to use your hands and fingers for this! Make sure that the side parts are thick enough to hold once removed. Refrigerate for now.
- For the Terry’s Chocolate Orange Filling – Chop the chocolate up and melt the Chocolate in a bowl over a double-boiler, or in a microwave on short bursts, until melted and smooth – leave to the side to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream and the icing sugar up to soft peaks, I used an electric whisk as I’m lazy, but a hand whisk is easy enough if you want a work out – you don’t want to over whip the cream as it’ll curdle, so slightly sloppy thickness is good! Fold through the slightly cooled melted chocolate. Spread this mixture into the crusted pie dish and leave to set for 5-6 hours, or overnight.
- To Decorate – Decorate the pie with some more Terry’s Chocolate Orange Segments, some sprinkles – or whatever you fancy!
- I nearly always use the Milk Terry’s Chocolate Orange as its my favourite, but there are so so so many types now you can use which ever you fancy!
- If you want a stiffer set, then don’t whip the cream up, stir in the liquid double cream and it’ll be less moussey!
- You can easily double up the recipe to make a bigger & deeper pie – add another half of the base recipe (I.e. use 450g Digestives, and 150g butter) and double the filling recipe! Use a 25cmx5cm deep tart tin!
- This dessert will last in the fridge for 2-3days, covered.