This lovely lemon curd and pistachio pinwheels recipe has it all: buttery pastry, zesty lemon and nutty crunch!
Lemon Curd and Pistachio Pinwheels
Makes 16 | Preparation time 10 mins | Baking time 20 mins
- 425g/2 sheets ready made puff pastry
- 160g lemon curd
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 160g pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Unroll the pastry and spread half of the lemon curd in a very thin layer onto one of the pastry sheets. Scatter half the lemon zest on top of the lemon curd.
- Use a pestle and mortar to crush the pistachios until you have a mixture of both small and large pieces. Scatter half the pistachios on the pastry.
- Starting at a short end, roll up the pastry as tightly as possible but without forcing the filling out of the ends. Use a serrated knife to slice the rolled pastry into eight equal pinwheels.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the other sheet of pastry and remaining filling ingredients. Place the pinwheels flat side down, spaced well apart, onto the prepared baking trays. Bake for approx. 20 mins until golden brown. Leave on the baking trays to cool completely.