Crispy Valentine Heart Pops - Recipe by Dr.Oetker
Preparation Time: 40 minutes – Serves: 6 For the Crispy Valentine Heart Pops
- 2 x 150 g bars Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ White Chocolate
- 75 g (3oz) Unsalted butter
- 50 g/ml (2oz) Golden syrup
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Natural Vanilla Extract
- Dr. Oetker Bright Red Gel Food Colour
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) Toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- Dr. Oetker Fairy Princess Decorations
- Line a large board or tray with baking parchment. Break up 225g (8oz) White Chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Add the butter and syrup. Place the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the water, stir in the Vanilla Extract and about 15 drops Red Food Colour Gel and mix well to make a pretty pink coloured mixture.
- Stir in the rice cereal and mix well to make sure the cereal is well coated. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Place an 8cm (3 ¼ inch) heart shaped cookie cutter on the lined board and firmly press a portion of the mixture into the cutter, making sure it fills the cutter completely. Remove the cutter and turn the crispy heart shape over. Repeat with the other portions.
- Carefully push a cake pop or lolly stick through the bottom of the heart into the middle, and press down gently to make sure the stick stays in place. Chill for at least 30 minutes until firm and set.
- To decorate, put the remaining White Chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Remove from the water and cool for 10 minutes.
- Hold a heart pop over the bowl of melted chocolate and spoon chocolate over half the heart, spreading the chocolate smoothly using the back of the spoon, to cover half the top and side. Place back down on the board and sprinkle with Fairy Princess Decorations before the chocolate sets.
- Once all the hearts have been covered and decorated in the same way, leave them in a cool place for a few minutes to set. Your Valentine hearts are now ready to serve and enjoy!
TIP: Once the hearts have set completely, they will be firm enough to wrap in cellophane or pop into food bags. Tie with a pretty ribbon for the perfect finishing touch or present in a gift box lined with tissue paper. Store in a cool place until ready to present.